Sunday, November 17, 2013

Checking Up On You Guys

Hey everyone!
I know I haven't posted something in a few days, so I just wanted to write something in order to see what was going on with you guys.
I had a weird, sort of stressful Saturday, but it ended out okay and I was allowed to breathe a deep sigh of relief. The minute I got home, I just wanted to laugh it off (sort of in a insane person way) and be happy I got through it, and just happy it happened. So I kind of did. Then I read some and went to bed.
Today I'm trying to get at least halfway through a paper that I'm not really enjoying writing. At all. I like the book that it's going to be on, but I also hate that sometimes in school you dissect a book you like to the point where it starts losing the meaning it had to you before. Now you have to factor in all the other information you are "supposed" to know, which seems to be ultimately more important than whatever you thought. And I'm glad that we get to talk about underlying meanings and symbolism and stuff, because I actually find that interesting. But once my friend was talking about how she interpreted a short story we read in class to our teacher, and they told her that was wrong.
And that bothered me because, hey, we all think differently.
Now I get it if she was totally wrong about it, but what she said sounded pretty legitimate and truthful and what could be a meaning of the story. But to just say to her that she was wrong seemed very wrong in itself, especially since the teacher didn't have any back-up information to why she was wrong.
So yeah, I guess this sort of turned into a mini rant, but I'm just really tired and I'm avoiding writing this paper.
Hopefully I'll be able to write more soon!
RIDING ON A PIG, BABY MONKEY!
Is it sad that I have a button with this on it?
OF COURSE NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment