Thursday, December 5, 2013

Nicknames

I don't know if many people know this, but I love nicknames. I think they are cute, quirky, fun, and just great. My name is one that could have a few nicknames, but I never was called any of them growing up. I always wanted one, but no one ever picked them up, so I'd make them for myself. I did have the nickname Cube at an arts camp I went to in elementary school, and it made me so happy. I feel like that name reflects your true self, especially since your parents can't really wait to name you so they can see what you are like and what fits. So all of my nicknames, Ting, Anonymous Bassoonist, Jenn-A, Ladasha, and even Sloane (a quick addition to get me out of a creepy situation) all mean something to me, and I'm glad I have them and know the people who have given them to me.
That's all

No comments:

Post a Comment