Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Maybe I Am Becoming an Old Person...

Not in just the getting older, because yes, every year I celebrate a birthday (even if last year I sort of forgot about it, A REASON FOR THE TITLE ABOVE). But maybe I'm becoming more elderly and curmudgeonly. (I LOVE THAT WORD!)
I have noticed that:
-I enjoy foods that don't need chewing, such as soup, mashed potatoes, hummus, oatmeal, pudding, ice cream, etc. Further evidence of this is all over this blog.
- As mentioned above, I forget things. Really, it is only short term things, like where I put Ting's (my alter ego) glasses, or the jar of Nutella, or my script. Long term is fine, but usually it's something unusual, like the color of crayon I used the most of when drawing over the walls of my old house (Mac & Cheese).
- I'm annoyed by technology. And I'm slowly refusing to stop learning how to use new ones (which is why my PowerPoint skills are so horrible).
-I'm beginning to look at younger kids and realize that their childhoods are totally different, and that when I was in fourth grade, I didn't have Hollister jeans or an iPod touch or iPhone. And I miss being a little kid.
- I am an old man (temporarily when I read a monologue) in a play. They changed it so I was a old lady, but I feel like by being an old man I can be more crotchety (I LOVE THAT WORD TOO!).
Maybe everyone feels like this and misses being a little kid and is afraid of getting old. Especially when you're in high school. You have no idea what is coming next and are sort of afraid, but you really miss being a little kid and not having to worry about anything like how other people think of you, or your grades, or how your friends are doing, or memorizing lines, or who is going to take you to homecoming.
Do you feel the same way?
Okay, I got to go eat some soup and drink some tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment