Sunday, June 9, 2013

Wheeeee!

So you probably thought I didn't post yesterday, but I did! It's a new page that I'll probably be updating eventually, but still! I accomplished something! Yaaaaaaay!

(www.theempressofdress.com)
So I still haven't seen the movie yet......but there is still hope, no? Maybe this week, but I know the theaters around here are going to be taking it out soon, so I better get it together.
I REALLY NEED TO GO TO THE LIBRARY! I'm rereading The Help which I love, but I need new books. I could use my Kindle, but I feel bad about spending so much money when I could read for free, and I rather be reading a dusty old book in a corner of my local creaking library, where the librarian knows me by name and asks about the books I'm reading and if she should read them. I recommended her The Catcher in the Rye, so we'll see how that goes. She told me she read it when she was younger, but didn't remember it well. I guess she doesn't remember all the F-Bombs either...


Man, I love Uncommon Goods. But anyway, about the book, I really liked it, even though a lot of people (mainly adults) don't. I also liked The Great Gatsby (duh), The Grapes of Wrath (I enjoy Steinbeck a lot), and Fahrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury is a pretty cool guy). I found all these at my library, where even though it doesn't always have the newest and greatest books, it has a lot of the classics. And for some reason, like, twenty copies of each Harry Potter book, which I guess makes sense since they are popular, but still, 20 OF EACH COPY? A little bit ridiculous.
But hey, I like ridiculousness, so it's okay.
It's sunny and I had to come inside to type this since I felt like my face was burning off. Also, my butt fell asleep. I want some chilled soup, preferably mango and peach, which I had one time while I was spending some time in New York and WILL NEVER FORGET! It was so hot outside, and it was so cold and yummy as I looked at all the art at the festival. Now I want candy......
But coconut gelato shall do!
 
 

Soooo good and tropically... but you know I'm a sucker for coconut anyways.
Tomorrow I vow to post again, in typical fashion, perhaps after getting some of my summer assignments done. Heck, it may be June, but I hate worrying about crap.
A parting quote for your troubles....
"For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."
-Steve Jobs
I know that many people, including myself (the true, stubborn Capricorn I am), hate some of the changes that occur in our lives, but I just look past them to what the best result of the situation that could come from the change. And now I appreciate it, since change allows me to adapt and hopefully become a better person.
Deep diving in the ocean once again.
I want this poster so bad....(gotta love Vlogbrothers).
Catch you later.



No comments:

Post a Comment