Monday, August 26, 2013

Books I Finished Recently

Pink Smog: Becoming Weetzie Bat- Francesca Lia Block
Where'd you Go, Bernadette?- Maria Semple
Out of the Easy-Ruta Sepetys
It's Kind of A Funny Story- Ned Vizzini
I liked all these books so much that I finished each one in a day. I read the Dangerous Angels series (about Weetzie Bat) earlier this year and fell in love, and I read the Out of the Easy author's previous book and enjoyed it a lot.
I love reading over the summer, and now I have to reread the book I take a test on for the first day of English. I didn't really enjoy it (A Separate Peace) that much, mainly because I didn't relate and I thought the whole storyline was a tad weird.
But I do recommend the books above, so go ahead a read them!
I was trying to think of books that if you liked them, you should read the ones above, but  I had a hard time, so I will very basically describe them so I don't reveal anything.
Pink Smog: Becoming Weetzie Bat- Fantasy/realistic. Hard to explain, but it describes Weetzie becoming Weetzie (leaving behind Louise) and her growing up without her dad, who moved to New York. JUST READ THE SERIES AND THIS BOOK, OKAY? IT'S MAGICAL. Period.
Where'd you Go, Bernadette?- Sort of a mystery, different letters pieced together along with emails, school announcements, and Bernadette's daughter's commentary and thoughts. Interesting set up, I liked the story and plot.

Out of the Easy- Historical fiction. Story of Josie, who's mother is a prostitute, and her hardships along with trying to leave New Orleans and her past behind in 1950. Interesting, and I related to Josie, who is a very smart and tough girl, but has her faults.

It's Kind of A Funny Story- Realistic Fiction. Craig Gilner admits himself to a hospital after he almost kills himself. Describes his stay and how it changes him and his thoughts while interacting with the people in the branch. Very honest, and I liked that.
That's all for today. Catch you later.
Heavy Snowing. Liu Guosong.

No comments:

Post a Comment