Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I Tried to Break a World Record Once

Don't know about you, but when I was in elementary school and middle school, the book that everybody cared about was the Guinness World Records. Every year the new edition would come out, and all the kids would flock to the library to check it out and ooh and ahh over the biggest snowman or the most piercings on one face during any free time they had.
One time I decided to try to break a world record. I looked and looked for one that I thought was easy enough to beat, but I couldn't find one. Then I realized that you could make one up and then you could get in the book (or at least that's what I thought).
At the time I had just learned how to play Scrabble, and I decided to use that as the base of my record. So I decided to have the record for most photographs for completed Scrabble games.
And at first I was really excited. I would play just to get the picture, and I would giggle at the number I had (this is in fifth grade, don't judge). But then I realized that a.) how was I going to prove I actually played all these games and b.) some of the words probably wouldn't have passed actual Scrabble rules. So at the ripe age of 11, I stopped.
I think I had like 63 photos.
Anyways, it was pretty fun while it lasted. I've been posting pretty regularly which I'm super proud of. Shout out to Canada from where there was a surge of views on Saturday! Not sure why, but oh well.
(www.blindflaneur.com)
Lady with an Ermine. Da Vinci.

No comments:

Post a Comment