Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Whispers From the Water

There was one time in my life where I didn't have to breathe. I just sat there and looked out at the water and I felt calm. Wind was pounding my face, but streaming in through my nose, sliding into my lungs like the cool feel you get from peppermint gum. I understood for a second why fishermen and sailors love the ocean, and can't get away from it. Water forgives and forgets, washes over you to take the grit and pain away, brings life to places you would believe are hopeless. It has the power to give you everything, or take it all away in a split second. You leave the sea, but it never leaves you. Its salty stickiness stays in your hair, kisses your skin, and hides away in your memories, creeping out in order for you to remember the time you spent there, yearning to take you along with all the waves and ripples it contains. It seems constant, yet unpredictable, dangerous, but ethereal. It is own definition of beauty, one that can not be compared to anything else in the world. That is why humans need it survive, not just to hydrate ourselves, but to cleanse and see that there are some things in this world that we can't explain the beauty of, because to do that would be to classify it and put it in place that it doesn't belong. And it deserves to be free.
 
Again, just something I felt like writing. Hope you enjoyed it!
IF SOMEBODY USES THIS AND SAYS IT IS THEIRS I WILL BE REALLY ANGRY AND SEND MY CAT MARVIN TO COME FIND YOU AND HUNT YOU DOWN.The rocky cliffs of Étretat by Monet
The Rocky Cliffs of Étretat. Monet.


No comments:

Post a Comment